As a SOFTWARE ENGINEER you will be part of our Java development team that is working on the next generation solutions (solutions for facilitating image viewing and image related reporting and workflows to all hospital departments). You will be part of a growing development team, working by an agile programming methodology. Developers on our team are proactively involved in the full cycle of professional software development. This includes active work in the design, coding, maintenance and integrated testing of leading edge software.
The job requires a high interest in both technical and functional aspects of software development. Innovation and knowledge transfer are core values in our dedication to continuous improvement.
As SOFTWARE ENGINEER specialized in JAVA you are RESPONSIBLE for :
• Contributing to our agile programming methodology.
• Designing parts of the application in collaboration with other software engineers and architects of your team.
• Work closely with the product owner to determine the functional and technical needs of the product.
• Coding of specific functional parts or platform extensions in the application.
• Your part of the application (or platform) as part of the continuous integration process.
• Integrating testing: unit testing, integration testing …
• Work closely with the verification team who will create & execute tests, in addition to your created unit tests & integration tests.
• Working closely with the technical validation specialists who will validate the technical requirements of the application.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
• You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent through experience.
• Preferably, you have experience with desktop applications.
• You are growing or already have a passion for java and open source technologies.
• You have gathered relevant java development experience either professionally or via open source contribution.
• You have knowledge of: J2SE, J2EE , Eclipse, Design patterns, OOA/D, web services, JUnit, Maven, relational databases (Oracle) & JDBC.
• Knowledge of Swing, Hibernate, OSGI, JBoss, SDO, profiling, healthcare IT business, Subversion, SourceForge, Java Open Source technologies, Jenkins. Angular JS, Bootstrap is an asset.
• You are a team player and can solve a problem independently. You are interested in the synergy of business functionality and technology.
• You feel confident in an agile working environment.
• Your English is excellent.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented, committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. So are you ready to shape (y)our future ?
LOCATION: Agfa HealthCare, Ghent (Belgium)
Agfa HealthCare headquartered in Mortsel, Belgium is present in one hospital out of two and is a leading provider of eHealth & Digital Imaging solutions. The company provides digital technology and IT solutions to meet the needs of clinicians & hospitals around the globe. The company is also a key provider of healthcare information solutions, integrating the administrative, financial and clinical workflows of hospitals. Care organizations in over 100 countries rely on Agfa HealthCare and our 4000 colleagues to optimize their efficiency and improve patient care.
Want more information or ready to apply?
Go to https://careers.agfa.com/HealthCare/job/Gent%2C-BE-Software-Engineer-Java/504379501/