Do you want to be part of the next generation of product for Entertainment market? We are looking for a passionate mechanical engineer to make the best projectors possible by pushing the boundaries. From micro-mechanical adjustment to big rigging frames, we make prototype to test, fail and learn, until we have created a product, we are proud of.
You will be using the best tools: creo (incl. creo simulate, Flo EFD,…), 3D printers, proto-workshop, worldwide suppliers, climate chambers, vibration table, NPI process, …. to achieve this.
- You work autonomously from idea to production on the mechanical development of a module for a projector.
- You develop sheet-metal, molded (plastics, light alloy), milled turned, 3D printed, welded,… parts to create the optimal design.
- You review your design/concepts with your peers (Mech , optics, designer, thermal, HW, …), manufacturers, production engineering, service, product managers, …
- You create detailed mechanical drawings of components & assemblies
- You assemble prototypes to test and verify your design together with product validation team.
- You provide estimates on effort, cost and lead times.
- You contribute to weekly project meetings
- From time to time you travel to other Barco locations, suppliers or customers around the world
- You have a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- You are able to work independently to solve practical problems
- You are a proficient user of 3D solid modelling SW (ProEngineer/Creo preferred)
- You are a teamplayer
- You have a good knowledge of English